Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kismet-Newcore OpenWRT Cross-Compile (UPDATED Makefile)

The new version of kismet moves some lines out of the Makefile and into the Makefile.inc which causes the original instructions to fail. Here's the updated step:

#Edit Kismet Makefile.inc

cd ~/trunk/build_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/kismet-2010-01-R1
vi Makefile.inc


-Change the following flags:

CFLAGS = -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include/uClibc++ -I/include -I/usr/include/ncurses

CXXFLAGS = -Wall -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -fhonour-copts -msoft-float -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include/uClibc++ -fno-builtin -fno-rtti -nostdinc++

CPPFLAGS = -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include/uClibc++ -I/include -I/usr/include/ncurses


-To: (You are adding the "+" before the "=")

CFLAGS += -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include/uClibc++ -I/include -I/usr/include/ncurses

CXXFLAGS += -Wall -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time -fhonour-copts -msoft-float -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include/uClibc++ -fno-builtin -fno-rtti -nostdinc++

CPPFLAGS += -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include -I/home/mike/openwrt/trunk/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/include/uClibc++ -I/include -I/usr/include/ncurses

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

First of all, thank you for your cross-compiling instructions. I've been able to get the updated kismet built on my WRT54GL v1.1 with your instructions.

However, I'm having an issue getting the generic broadcom driver built with my image like the images you have posted. I end up with a "wl0" interface, not the "wlan0" like you have. Can you post your build config? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you!

Jeremy

Michael Boyd said...

See my new post, looks like things were changed in newer versions of OpenWrt. I have the old trunk gzipped, so if I can find somewhere to put it, I'll post.